Do you give your new transfers tips for staying healthy during their relocation? It is a known fact that stress can lower the immune system, and we all know that moving to a new country can be stressful. Here are some tips you can share to help support your new employee and their family as they make their big move to Sweden. Also, we share some pointers on keeping your whole office healthy all year.
Help Your Expat Stay Healthy During Their Move to Sweden
- Give your expats a list of healthy food markets in their new neighbourhood before they move. Purchase Healthy Relocation for them so they can print out our Healthy Pantry Grocery list and receive loads of helpful guidance to stay healthy.
- Encourage them to take several 1 minute mindfulness breaks throughout their transition period. This could mean simply stopping and sitting in silence for one minute, three times per day.
- Suggest a free walking tour of Stockholm. They might do this with their whole family. Give them a list of other walking tours and fun activities to do outside in Stockholm and the surrounding towns. Outside activities are great stress relief. This particular walking tour is a wonderful way of exploring Stockholm. Your expat will feel less stressed after getting to know their surroundings, and feel great after a little exercise!
- Mention that they should gather their medical records in a tidy file. Explain the benefits of scheduling regular checkups before the relocation. This will allow more time to settle in before getting new a new medical team in place.
- How about providing your expat with a Welcome To Sweden gift basket containing healthy fruits and vegetables to get them started on the right foot?
Tips for Keeping Your Office Healthy All Year Round
- Have a pitcher of lemon water in the office fridge. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds and fighting the negative effects of stress. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function.
- Set out a bowl of citrus fruits to share with employees to encourage healthy eating and increased vitamin C intake.
- Have portable water filters available for all office workers. Supply healthy teas to share with employees and encourage increasing water intake (especially warm).
- Cut back on sugary snacks in the office. Sugar can suppress the immune system. Studies have shown that downing sugar, the amount that is contained in two average 12-ounce sodas can suppress the body’s immune responses.
Looking for more Healthy Relocation tips? Sign up for our Healthy Relocation Program!
This program includes education on meditation and mindfulness to promote inner peace for greater communication at your office, morning rituals & goal setting for clarity and effectiveness on the job, and loads of wellness information for peak performance and lower absenteeism. The training is released in 12 weekly modules including beautiful illustrations, videos, resource links, and handouts.
If you are planning on sending employees to Sweden, you can learn loads of useful information from our Guide to Bringing Foreign Talent to Sweden.